Visa Application

        Conference participants who are not Chinese citizens need a Chinese visa to enter China. Participants can apply for a visa at the Chinese embassy or consulate in the region in which they live. For most attendees, it is easiest to apply for a Tourist ("L") visa; an invitation letter is not required for obtaining a Tourist visa. If some participants need another type of visa that does require an invitation letter, please contact the CSBSE 2013 local organization, the email: .

        To avoid uncertainty, participants will be advised to apply for a visa as early as possible. It is recommended that they apply for a Chinese visa at least 1 month in advance.

        For more information regarding the requirements and procedure for obtaining a visa to China, please see .